April 2020 Backflow Tester Refresher Postponed
Reschedule Date Not Yet Determined
Where can I take the Backflow Assembly Tester refresher course?
The Backflow Assembly Tester refresher course can be taken at the following locations:
- Ventura County Government Center
(Next session will be announced soon)
- University of Southern California, Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Reasearch (FCCCHR)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- American Backflow Prevention Association (ABPA)
Courses must be related to backflow assembly testing to qualify.
Where can I get a list of certified backflow prevention assembly testers?
Download the list from this link: Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester List
How do I make changes to the Environmental Health Division's backflow prevention assembly records for a backflow prevention assembly?
For an existing assembly already in our database, make changes on the Ventura County Citizen Access portal or use: Change in Data Form
For a new or replacement assembly, complete this form: Backflow Testing Form
How do I obtain the Backflow Testing Form for my assembly?
Paper test forms are no longer accepted for annual backflow assembly test reporting. Test results are now submitted through the Ventura County Citizen Access portal or the Ventura County Backflow Test mobile phone app. by your Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester
How do I obtain a list of Approved Backflow Prevention Assemblies?
Where do I go to attend an approved backflow prevention assembly tester course?
In Ventura County contact:
Ventura College Water Science V16 Course - Water Quality Protect and Control
In Los Angeles County contact:
University of Southern California Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Reasearch Backflow Tester Training Course
Assembly Tester Course and Certified Backflow Technician course:
Once I complete and pass an approved backflow prevention assembly tester course how do I become a Ventura County Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester?
The laboratory is located in the Service Building near the North-East Corner of the County of Ventura Government Center Complex at 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura CA. Enter the government center complex at the South Hill Street entrance nearest to Webster Street.
Park in the lot south of the fuel pumps/carwash. The laboratory entrance is located on the walk-way to the loading dock.
What should I bring to the Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester exam?
For new certification or re-certification bring:
- Certification fee payment.
- Your own equipment to completely test a reduced pressure principle assembly, pressure vacuum breaker, double check valve, and spill-resistant pressure vacuum breaker. Gauge must be calibrated annually.
- Proof of completion and passing of an approved cross-connection / backflow prevention course.
- For re-certification also bring:
- Your certified tester card with ID number.
- Proof of attendance of an approved cross-connection / backflow assembly tester refresher course within the past 2 years.
How long is the Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification good for?
The certification is valid for two years. Every two years, he tester must complete the practical exam and pay the current recertification fee.
For additional information, please contact: