If the Lead Agency finds that the project may have a significant impact on the environment and that there are no obvious measures the applicant can take to mitigate potential problems, an EIR will be required. An EIR may also be required if further study is needed to provide information necessary in determining whether or not the project could have a significant impact.
Case Number PL17-0154
CalWood, Inc. (dba Agromin) Applicant
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF A DRAFT EIR – Document
Project Description: The applicant requests approval of a Conditional Use Permit and Non-Coastal Zoning Ordinance (NCZO) Text Amendment to construct and operate a new 70-acre Commercial Organics Processing Operation at the site of an existing 15-acre Agricultural Composting Operation. The facility would process food and green material delivered to the site and package for sale mulch, compost and wood chip materials. A combination of open windrows, Covered Aerated Static Piles (CASPs), and Anaerobic Digestion (AD) systems would be used to process organic materials into saleable compost and mulch products. The NCZO Text Amendment proposes to amend Section 8107-36.4.1(a), Standards Relating to Organics Processing Operation. The proposed Project includes construction of six new buildings with a total footprint of 230,779 sq. ft. to be developed over 4 phases.
List of Potentially Significant Environmental Impacts Identified: Based on the analysis presented in the DEIR, the project would result in potentially significant but unavoidable impacts to Agricultural Resources and Traffic Impacts (Vehicle Miles Travelled).
Location: The Project site is located at the south terminus of Edwards Ranch Road, south of State Route 126, approximately five miles southwest of the City of Santa Paula, in unincorporated Ventura County.
APN: The proposed project is located on Tax Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) 090-0-180-085
Review Period Start and End Date: October 18, 2021 to December 3, 2021
- Appendix A – Attachment 1 – Maps
- Appendix A – Attachment 2 – Project Plans
- Appendix A – Attachment 3 – Maps and List of Pending and Approved Projects
- Appendix A – Attachment 4 – Air Quality Analysis
- Appendix A – Attachment 5 – Dust Control Plan
- Appendix A – Attachment 6 – Odor Impact Minimization Plan
- Appendix A – Attachment 7 – City of Santa Paula Will Serve Letter
- Appendix A – Attachment 8 – Facility Water Balance Study
- Appendix A – Attachment 9 – Update of Geotechnical Engineering Report
- Appendix A – Attachment 10 – Containment Area Composting Processing Operations Plan
- Appendix A – Attachment 11 – Initial Study Biological Assessment
- Appendix A – Attachment 12 – Photo Simulations
- Appendix A – Attachment 13 – Phase II Historic Resources Report
- Appendix A – Attachment 14 – Regional and Local Hydrology Study
- Appendix A – Attachment 15 – Noise Impact Assessment
- Appendix A – Attachment 16 – Vector Control Plan
- Appendix A – Attachment 17 – Traffic Study
- Appendix A – Attachment 18 – Work Cited