If the Lead Agency finds that the project may have a significant impact on the environment and that there are no obvious measures the applicant can take to mitigate potential problems, an EIR will be required. An EIR may also be required if further study is needed to provide information necessary in determining whether or not the project could have a significant impact.
Case Number PL17-0141
County of Ventura, Applicant
Notice of Availability and Intent to Adopt a Environmental Impact Report
Notice is hereby given that a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) has been prepared by the County of Ventura, State of California, and is available for public review pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines for the Ventura County 2040 General Plan (State Clearinghouse No. #2019011026).
All unincorporated areas within Ventura County
The proposed project is a comprehensive update of the County of Ventura General Plan, also known as the 2040 General Plan. The 2040 General Plan will set forth the County’s vision of its future and identify the goals, policies, and implementation programs that will guide future decisions concerning a variety of issues, including but not limited to land use, climate change, agriculture, transportation, hazards, public facilities, health and safety, environmental justice, and resource conservation out to the year 2040. The County, as the lead agency, has prepared an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The purpose of the notice of availability is to call attention to this EIR and to request that interested persons review and provide comment on significant environmental issues, mitigation measures, and range of reasonable alternatives addressed in the EIR. The 2040 General Plan is anticipated to be adopted in 2020
Significant Environmental Effects:
The Draft EIR has identified significant and unavoidable environmental impacts in the following resource areas.
- Agriculture and Forestry Resources
- Air Quality
- Biological Resources
- Cultural, Tribal Cultural, and Paleontological Resources
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Hazards, Hazardous Materials, and Wildfire
- Mineral and Petroleum Resources
- Noise and Vibration
- Public Services and Recreation
- Transportation and Traffic
Where the Draft EIR is available:
The Draft EIR is available for public review at the following locations:
- County of Ventura, Resource Management Agency, Planning Division Public Counter, 3d Floor, Hall of Administration, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA, 93009, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday;
- 2040 General Plan Update webpage at https://vc2040.org/; and
- The Planning Division website at http://vcrma.org/divisions/planning (select “CEQA Environmental Review”).
Digital versions of the Draft EIR will also be available at the following libraries:
- Albert H. Soliz Library (2820 Jordan Street, Oxnard, CA 93036);
- Avenue Library (606 North Ventura Ave., Ventura, CA 93001);
- E.P. Foster Library (651 East Main St., Ventura, CA 93001);
- Fillmore Library (502 2nd St., Fillmore, CA 93015);
- Hill Road Library (1070 S. Hill Rd., Ventura, CA 93003);
- Meiners Oaks Library (114 North Padre Juan, Ojai, CA 93023);
- Oak Park Library (899 North Kanan Rd., Oak Park, CA 91377);
- Oak View Library (555 Mahoney Ave., Oak View, CA 93022);
- Ojai Library (111 East Ojai Ave., Ojai, CA 93023);
- Piru Library (3811 Center St., Piru, CA 93040);
- Ray D. Prueter Library (510 Park Ave., Port Hueneme, CA 93041); and
- Saticoy Library (1292 Los Angeles Ave., Ventura CA 93004).
Public Review and Comment Period
The 45-day public review and comment period during which the County will receive comments on the Draft EIR begins Monday, January 13, 2020 and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Send Comments to:
Please include your name or the name of a contact person, your agency or organization (if applicable), and U.S. mail and email addresses.
Online Access for Public Review Materials:
Click on the links below to access online versions of the project materials.
Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Ventura County 2040 General Plan – Cover, Table of Contents, and Chapters 1 through 9 (LARGE FILE, 25+ MB)
- Appendices to the Draft Environmental Impact Report (LARGE FILE, 50+ MB)
Public Review Draft 2040 General Plan - Combined Table of Contents, Elements, and Appendices (LARGE FILE, 25+ MB). Chapter 11. Areas Plans must be accessed separately using the link below.
- Chapter 11. Area Plans (LARGE FILE, 50+ MB)
Draft Background Report of the Ventura County 2040 General Plan (Revised January 2020) – Table of Contents and Chapters 1 through 12 (LARGE FILE, 50+ MB)